blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Mensaje esta semana

01 February 2015

Mensaje esta semana

¡Buonas tardes!

I had a great week filled with a lot of immigration work. Some set backs with the legalizations, but good progress too. I am happy with the job we did. 

One specific thing I wanted to share was a trip we made to immigrations on Tuesday. It was a complicated trip because we brought in three sisters from the states, all serving in different cities in the mission. I remembered when I had to travel to the capital by myself from Bariloche for my immigration papers. It was a scary experience and I was worried for these missionaries traveling alone.

Taking a rare break from office work
While I was thinking about the trip to immigration the next morning I just laid everything out to Heavenly Father, asking that everyone would arrive safely, on time, and that if something were to happen the sisters would know what to do. I felt good about the prayer and just left it at that. At 8:00 a.m. the next morning we headed to the immigration office and I was overwhelmed when I saw all three of the sisters had made it there! We were only able to finish everything for two of the three, but I was happy and I know the Lord answered the prayer of a very nervous missionary (me)!
 
I’ve been diving into the scriptures more lately and am gaining a greater testimony of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. I read a part today that I loved, something that never struck my attention before, but it did today. When Nephi says that he constructed his ship after the manner the Lord had showed him, I thought that to be applicable in our lives. We shouldn’t do things the way we see the world do them, but after the manner that the Lord shows us.

Pablo, an investigator that I wrote about a few weeks back has his baptism today. He was taking the discussions when I arrived in the area, and it feels good to have played a small part in bringing someone to Christ! He has a strong testimony and is going to be a great addition to el barrio Limay!

As always I hope this is a great week for everyone. I love and miss every single one of you! I know that I am serving the Lord, and even though it’s hard, I love it.

Con cariño,

Elder Kauffman aka Jack