blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

15 February 2015

Checking In

Dear family and friends,

This was a great week with a lot of adventures. A great deal of planning goes into everything we do in the office, and I continue to learn and do love it. This week we did another round of immigrations. We brought in three new missionaries, all from Peru, and all living in different cities in the mission. We had them legalized in a day and it was a big success. We also had an asado or BBQ last night with the office elders, President and Hermana Lovell and all of the church leadership from a nearby town. Everything was delicious! I feel really lucky to be in the office because there are times when we are spoiled!

Elder da Silva is leaving next week. Transfers were finalized yesterday and we will know on Monday where he is going next, and who is coming to the office to help me. Elder da Silva is my best friend right now and I will miss him.

I love what I am doing even though I’m not teaching full time. I know I’m serving the Lord. I have no doubt. When I do leave the office, I’m going to dedicate every minute I'm awake to people who need help. I look back on the last few months and I say “look how much the Lord has changed me.” I feel like a different person even though I’m still myself. Its something I can’t explain more than that. 

Have a great week everyone. I love you all!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack