blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Office Changes

23 February 2015

Office Changes

¡Hola familia y amigos!

It is good to finally sit down and write. It was a great week with all the work we did with the recent transfers. We are also attending to all of the elders and sisters finishing their missions. Today one of my good friends in the mission, Elder Furlanich goes home, and he was the secretary for seven months. I just took his place and when he got here this morning he told me to "just keep moving." 

My current companion leaves for a different assignment today and my new one arrives in a few hours. His name is Elder Thompson and he's from Utah and arrived with me from the MTC. He speaks great Spanish. Roles have changed here in the office and I am the secretary, and Elder Thompson will be the new recorder. In two or three transfers another elder will come in and I"ll train him to be the secretary and Elder Thompson will stay in as the recorder. It will make training easier for new elders. President Lovell is really cool, and one of the blessings of being in the office is working with him. He gets things done and has a lot of patience. 

My Spanish continues to improve and I have the accent down. I love raising the tone of my voice and using the shh sound for the double L and Y letters, and I can always say what I want in conversation. I have learned a lot of different Spanish here in the office, especially by working in immigrations and with the police. I also talk on the phone with church executives in Buenos Aires that help me with legalization issues. I wish I could have everyone here for a day and show them what I do.

I'm excited for these coming transfers because President Lovell wants us out of the office everyday at 4:00 p.m. to study for an hour and then to work our area the rest of the evening. The past two transfers we haven't had much time to preach, but now it will be a matter of just leaving the office at a set time knowing that the work will be there when we arrive the next day. 

I miss teaching and I'm not doing what I did daily in Bariloche. There I would walk all day thinking of how I could help someone, and its been hard to let opportunity go, but my testimony of the Savior is still growing. I know that he feels what I feel more than ever now. I'm thinking that when I leave the office I will have a little more than a year left preach full time. When I get back out in the field I am going to absolutely kill it. 

I have the goal to baptize someone in these upcoming six weeks. There's someone waiting in my area, I know it. 

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack