blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Update for this Week

03 November 2014

Update for this Week

Hola,

I finally received my package and did get my glasses and photos. The family pictures made my week. It sounds cheesy, but they are probably my most prized possession here. The other elders always ask me 'y donde estan sus fotos elder?'  

Time continues to move very fast here. The first month was really hard because there was a lot of adjusting, but now I cannot remember what I did in the morning when it is time to go to bed. I love what I am doing, and I have never felt the way that I feel now. 

Sunday we went to look for a member before church. We had to walk for about 30 minutes to his house and it was raining pretty hard the entire walk. When we arrived he wasn't there and it made me pretty sad, but when we got to church there was another less active member I have been visiting since I arrived in Bariloche. He's just 19 and has a baby. I don't know why but it was one of the happiest moments I've ever had because I knew I had made a difference in helping him to come to church. He loved the meeting and wants to keep coming regularly and reading his scriptures!

I no longer doubt that what I am doing is what Christ would be doing if he were in Bariloche. He would walk these streets all day inviting people to come with him. It is amazing to know that I can do that for Him.

Yesterday in church one of my good member friends in the ward bore his testimony of the Savior and I loved it. He said we are like toddlers, always falling and failing, and that Christ never yells or discourages us, but picks us back up. I liked that.

I love you all!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack