blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: He is Changing Who I Am

27 October 2014

He is Changing Who I Am

Hello Everyone,

This was another very busy week. I wanted to do something different, and so we set a goal to visit every less active member that lives in our area, as there are a lot of them. Many members in this area do not follow through with the important commitment of coming to church after baptism, but that doesn’t matter to me. I really know that I am doing what the Savior would be doing when we stop by, share a message, and offer help any way we can. 

There is a sister in our area that is a good example of this type of experience. I have been going there sometimes twice a week since I arrived in Bariloche. I don’t know if she will become active during my time here, but every time we go I know I am doing my job.

I am being the “hands and feet of the Savior.” I am nowhere near who Christ is, but the more I think of the love He has for these people, I know He is changing who I am. 

This past week we went to a neighborhood called, Dos de Abril and it makes me so sad. I had never seen something like it before my mission. There are a lot of drugs and trash, but it motivates me to serve. I want everyone to feel the love of the Savior, and the change He can bring into their life.

Another experience this week was visiting with a young man who has not been to church for a long time. He’s very quiet and he doesn’t want help from anyone. However he has started to open up and tell us what he’s feeling. He’s struggling since he cannot go to school because he has to work to help his mother.

I really prayed for him last night and that the Lord would help him. I think it was the first time I have prayed so hard for another person since I’ve been on my mission. I felt the distinct impression that Christ is constantly doing the same for us. He wants us to have everything that we need, ALWAYS. Please pray for me that above everything else I can do what needs to be done for the people here in my area. It is called Frutillar.

I wish you all great week and send my love as always!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack