blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Last General Conference

04 April 2016

Last General Conference

Dear family and friends,

I had a great week and it flew by! We are finding a lot of people to teach and we keep working with those that we have found since I first arrived in this area. Working with Elder Gallegos makes the time go by fast.

We are working a lot more with our zone, trying to find time to work with every companionship and model how we work as a companionship. This Friday I worked with Elder Opfar from Texas, and yesterday I worked with Elder Opazo from Chile. We were even out in between sessions of general conference. 

I loved conference. I watched four of the five sessions in Spanish in the stake center here in Neuquén. I did realize that conference is very “Americanized.” There were a lot of jokes and comments made that made me laugh, but just confused members that were sitting near us.

I had a lot of favorite talks, but I keep think of one that was given in priesthood session. Stephen Owen said that the greatest leaders and the most faithful followers. I’m having opportunities to apply that thinking in the zone here. 

This was my last general conference in the mission field. I am proof that the Spirit works wonders if we are dedicated to learning. I understood everything said in the conference sessions I watched in Spanish. My first conference in Argentina I remember understanding a little less than half of the one session I watched in Spanish. 

A member here has been helping us a lot with our work. He comes to lessons with us and shares his testimony. He brings his autistic son and carries him on his shoulders to all of the lessons. Investigators fall in love with the little boy who’s name is Mariano.

I find that the more I teach something the stronger my testimony becomes. I know that the plan of salvation is true and that it is simpler than we sometimes think it is.

I love everyone and hope you have a great week!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack