blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Primero de febrero 2016

01 February 2016

Primero de febrero 2016

Querida familia, 

Thank you for writing me! Its good to hear from everyone. 

Megan I do, and at the same time do not, believe that you are 18. I hope that it was a great birthday and I too wish I could have been there! 

Cameron that's sweet, Disney World!? I liked the pictures. Looks like you had a blast. Finish strong at ASU. 

Connor the cold sounds nice right now haha. Its hot here and my arms will forever be brown thanks to the city of Roca. 

Chris I had a super weird dream last night. I got back to my pension here in Roca and couldn't find my companion, but found you sitting at my desk. Super real! Glad everything is going well at the academy, keep it up. I am ready to finish my mission strong, and I am doing it.

Kaylee I just had a haircut before coming to write. Pretty decent cut and price, but you will always be the jefa!

This week has been interesting. We have been looking a lot for two new apartments for missionaries in the zone and just finally found them! We did the move in for two sisters that are new in the ward this morning. We found a nice place and its safe and cheap.

This morning when we went to get their furniture and fridge fell on me that I was carrying down the stairs! I received just a small cut, but Elder Carroll was telling me afterwards that it was a good story to write home about!.

The other pension will be ready tomorrow for the new elders that will live and work in Cervantes (that's where I spent a lot of my time last during the last transfer). The elders that will be moving in have been staying in our pension this week. Elder Barrios and Elder Baldovino, two Argentines. It's been fun being with them this week.

As far as investigators go we have been having daily contact with a girl named Vanessa. Her husbands name is Javier who doesn't have much interest in what we are teaching, but he does likes talking with us. Vanessa is awesome and we saw a lot of progress this week. She started reading the pamphlets and feels a peace that she has never felt before. It confirms to me that the gospel has no time limit. It can change people in an instant!

We have also been working a lot with less active families. In the training we had I believe they actually said that less active families are gold mines and it's true! We have a lot of part member families in our zone and we can provide service for almost all of them. This week we need to follow up and see how we can help.

This week I had a cool experience. I started studying scriptures that talk about God's family, a phrase I read very simply as that we are are sons and daughters of god, and we are all brothers and sisters. it changed the way I approached things this week. In lessons that I taught I feel like I was better able to express my love for for the Savior and the those in the room.  People I had never seen before looked familiar, and i wanted to talk to them more. 

Prayer means more and more to me. I read a talk that we should be grateful for people who know how to pray. People who ask God for what they need and have compete faith that they will receive it. I want to be that kind of person and little by little I amgetting there. 

Mom and dad I love you both. I am excited to be in the last stretch of my mission, but I need everyone to keep pushing me! Good things are happening here in our zone. Tomorrow we have zone conference and on Wednesday we travel to the mission home for leadership counsel. Excited to see what they have to say! 

love you all!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack