blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

15 February 2016

Checking In

Dear family and friends,

This was a great week and I feel like I grew a lot. My morning studies are becoming sacred. They teach me and give me motivation and revelation for the area and the people we are teaching.

Sometimes I feel like I try to take everything that needs to be done upon my own shoulders, and if something good is going to happen I've got to do everything. I read D&C Section 14 and it really helped me and the last three verses are key. It says that Jesus Christ is going to do his work, and that the rest (us), are called to help. Taught me again that we work and God works miracles. 

Something I focused on this week is following the spirit in everything we do. We need investigators right now and actually found one in a really strange, but inspired way. We were out walking and saw someone that I thought was a kid named Jonathon. As we approached him and shook his hand I realized it actually was NOT him.  

It could have been an uncomfortable experience, but instead of feeling awkward we told him and his dad a little bit about what we do as missionaries. Yesterday we taught him and he was really receptive! Wet taught all of the first lesson (which is not typical because it can be a large lesson), but we kept teaching until we finished because he was understanding everything and wanted to hear more!

Elder Carroll and I are getting along really well and I got lucky again with a companion that pushes me to be better! The more I work the more I come to love the people that surround me. Not everyone is super interested, but if we keep looking we always find people who wonder what we are doing here and that want to learn more. 

This morning we did a deep cleaning of our pension. On our patio there were a lot of old boxes that I knew needed to be thrown out, but I haven't wanted to touch them fearing what was behind and underneath them! I finally got myself to do it and I found a lot of spiders. A neighbor from above started laughing when he saw us jumping up and down killing bugs. Pero bueno!

Attitude is everything. That came to my mind (again) this week. When it seems like there is nothing to do, or no one to teach, we must trust in the Lord that things will work out!

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack