blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Time is Flying

22 February 2016

Time is Flying

Dear family and friends,

Thanks for the letters. We had an interesting week here. A lot of work. Like I've written the last few weeks we need new people to teach, and it has been really hard to find them. It's harder than I thought, but I'm not losing faith. We're getting out there everyday and feel that the Lord is guiding us. I had a few cool experiences this week. 

We did exchanges with two elders in the zone. I went out to work with Elder Molina from Costa Rica who is a really cool guy. We were in one of the farther neighborhoods in my area and we contacted a house that I had wanted to visit before but never did. We met a young man named Santiago who is 18 years old. We had a good discussion and I'm excited to see him again.

Another cool thing that happened to us this week was being the first missionaries to talk to certain people in our area. We talked with a group of four young people all around our age on Friday. They said that they had seen us in the past and wondered what we do and why we are here. We were able to make a good impression and I know they understood what we taught them. The spirit was telling them that it was something positive.

We had a really good service project that same day for a lady in the ward, Hermana Rosa. It was the third and final time we went to pull weeds in her front lawn.

Time is passing by quickly! Elder Carroll got here a month ago and it feels like it was yesterday. I love everyone and love what I'm doing. It's not easy but its worth it. 

Have an excellent week!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack