blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Elder Bednar

29 February 2016

Elder Bednar

Dear family and friends,

Elder Bednar came to Buenos Aires this week and on Tuesday he spoke to all missionaries in Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. He talked about so many things and I don't recall every topic. I just remember the things I learned. That's what he instructed us to do when the meeting began. He told us not to write down anything but just pay attention to the spirit, then write down those impressions. 

I learned that everyone is their own agent. These past few weeks have been rough for me because we are looking for new people to teach and it hasn't been easy. I have wondered time and time again "why is it so hard?" I was looking at everything the wrong way. I should have had a better attitude no matter what our results. If someone doesn't accept our message then another person will. That's the way it is in the mission. 

I also learned that I need to be more content with my efforts. This month we had no baptisms, but that doesn't mean I'm  a failure. We have spoken to many less active members, some of whom were past stake presidents and bishops that have not opened their doors to anyone for years. I realized that its all the same work. Baptize, reactivate, and retain. 

I love and miss everyone and hope you all have a good week too. 

Elder Kauffman aka Jack