blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Successful Days

07 December 2015

Successful Days

Dear family and friends,

This week was great, really busy but we are working hard and getting things done.

We found a new investigator this week! His name is Luis. He was a reference from a member family, and he has asked all of the right questions. His youngest daughter passed away a few years ago and so he says that he is angry with God, but when we passed by the other day he was really interested in talking to us. We are going back today visit with him. 

On Thursday two people from the church in Buenos Aires came to do the periodic “check up” of all of the immigration paperwork we do. In the next two weeks about 60 missionaries will come to Neuquén to finish their paperwork before leaving the mission. There’s a lot to coordinate and I think I will be in the office until then. After that I should be assigned to a new area right before Christmas!

I am really happy here. The more I’m here the more I learn about Jesus Christ and His atonement. It’s easy to think at the beginning of a mission that you can do everything perfectly, but you can’t. I believe that I am helpless without the Lord. I can’t start a new day unless I feel like I can start fresh all over again, and that is what the Savior provides for me. 

Christmas is coming up but it doesn’t feel like Christmas. It must be because it is heating up here. I am really excited to talk to everyone at home on Christmas day. 

I hope that you all have a great week. Something president says a lot that I like is that we shouldn’t just have good days, but we should have SUCCESSFUL days. 

I love everyone!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack