blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Transfer to Roca

12 December 2015

Transfer to Roca

This was a great week! President told us to take P-day today because transfers are on Monday and we will be traveling to Roca. The best part of this move out of the mission office is that I am going to have a really good friend as a companion, Elder Moser. We arrived in the office together about a year ago and spent six months here in Neuquén before I left the first time. 

We are going to be the zone leaders and we have some fantastic missionaries that we'll be working with this transfer. I am pumped to see what we can achieve as a companionship. With the help of the Lord I know that great things are about to happen! (This is an inspired transfer.) 

I was thinking about what I could share about these past six weeks, things that I've learned and that I have been able to improve upon. I feel a greater love for people and I believe that’s something the Lord is continually blessing me with. It has been a big focus in our district this transfer. 

We saw it the other day while we taught Maxi. It seemed like it was going to be impossible to begin teaching him because he was always sitting outside of his house on the curb. Finally I feel like we did what the Savior would do for people he loved, and we just sat down with him right on the curb. The spirit came and we were able to share a good message. He’s now reading the scriptures and keeps coming to church, and he has a baptismal date for December 22nd. 

I have also learned a lot about making mistakes, and that it is okay to make them. Everyday we start over, every day gives us that new chance to make things right. Jesus Christ atoned for a reason. I have also realized that this life is part of one eternal round. It was super weird being here in Neuquén again doing things that I hadn’t done for what I thought was a long time, but after a week or two it was like I had never left. When I finish my mission it will be like I never left home. Someday when we are with God again, I imagine myself saying, “it’s like I never left!” 

I love what I am doing. There’s a fire in me and a lot of excitement for the work and love for the Lord. Pray for Elder Moser and me and all of the missionaries in our zone.

I love you all!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack