blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

23 November 2015

Checking In

Dear family and friends,

I had a very busy week and it was great! Elder Tarone and I did work in immigrations and the police station every morning and everything went smoothly. We have also been able to "get our hands dirty!" I think the latest we left the office was at 6:00 p.m. so every day we had a good amount of time to be in the area serving the people. We are working with a few people that I met while here before, two kids named Maxi and Lucas and a couple named Javier and Teresa, but we have not seen a lot of progress.

Maxi and Lucas come to church every now and then, and Javier and Teresa travel a lot for work. One of our goals this week is to find new teaching opportunities. Through contacting, members and doing everything and anything we can in the streets, we want to find those that are ready to listen to what we believe about Jesus Christ.  

Yesterday was an particularly interesting Sunday. Argentina had national elections and we were told to stay inside the pension after lunch. I studied and listened to parts of two talks from this last general conference that really stood out to me. The first one was President Monson and I still have the words in my head "he is the light that shines in the darkness." The other one (I don't remember who gave it), but he talks about improving our lives and continually progressing. If we ask the spirit what we can improve upon he will tell us. 

I thought of the two talks at the same time and how they are related. What do I lack to be more like Christ? What can I do to have the light of Christ at all times?

I am enjoying myself and I continue to learn every day. Heavenly Father shows me that the best way to be happy is to forget about myself and focus on others. The key is doing it with real intent. I should be leaving the mission office again at the end of this transfer on December 15th and where I'm headed I have no idea!

I love everyone and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack