blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

24 August 2015

Checking In

Dear family and friends,

This was a great week that flew by as they always do. We have had a lot of success in finding new people and teaching them the first discussion. It is hard to get people's attention and I feel like it's just part of the culture here to say "I don't have time." It is something I wish I could change but I can't, we've got to do it little by little.

President Casariego promised us that every time we tell the story of the first vision the spirit will be present, and that's what we have been doing. I think this week I related it at least 25 times! They are the same words each time, but it's a different experience for every time I do it. 

Yesterday about an hour before church we went to look for people (something I love doing here). There are a lot of families that have kids and other members who haven't been baptized yet, and we went to see ALL of them before the meetings started. None of them came out to church, but i know they will show up someday! It's fun to search for people because I learn a little more about myself and how the Savior feels about each of us. 

In sacrament meeting I wanted to feel something special or have some type of personal revelation. I saw myself in the future, with the same habits and desires that I have now as a missionary. A desire to find those that are lost and bring them back to the church. It made me realize that I will always be a missionary for Jesus Christ.

I love you all and I hope this is a fantastic week for everyone. Cristo es la razon y el amor es el motivo!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack