blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

25 April 2015

Checking In

Dear family and friends,

The work is good. President Lovell was out this past week visiting the mission, so it was my week to really focus on doing work in immigrations and with the police authorities. We got A LOT done. The flights for those leaving the mission in May also arrived, so I had to prepare all the itineraries.

President and Sister Lovell leave the mission on June 30th and the new mission president arrives the same day. I had a meeting with President Lovell the other week to plan his return flights. He told me that I will be training a new secretary next transfer, which makes me excited to get back in the field, and at the same time worried. It will be a short transfer, four weeks instead of six, and I don't want to leave a new secretary in the dust. We'll see what happens. The most important thing is that I like being here–and when they want me to leave, I'll leave!

I continue to do my best, and I do feel good about the way I am serving. I already have more time here in Neuquén than I did in Bariloche. It will be another adjustment when I leave. 

The dust from the volcano eruption in Chile did arrive in Neuquén on Friday. I felt like I was in a horror film. Dust everywhere, almost like a fog. We went to immigrations and they had shut down the offices for the day, and there was no one in the streets. Kind of creepy. It has already passed and was only a two day thing. 

Not much to write today, but I do love everyone!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack