blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Meet the Mormons in Argentina

02 May 2015

Meet the Mormons in Argentina

Hello!

It was a great week here in Argentina. A lot of work in the office with immigrations and we also have a meeting coming up with all of the district and zone leaders. They all need to travel to Neuquén so I have been making the arrangements.  

Thursday the mission had a long anticipated day when we showed “Meet the Mormons” in Neuquén for the first time. There were two investigators that we wanted to come with us, and it kind of surprised them when we showed up at their house in a taxi to take them to the theatre! Unfortunately they couldn’t make it, but there were almost 600 people in the theater! I love the movie because it really makes me think about what I will make of my life with the help of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. At the end of the movie everyone was clapping. We still aren’t sure how many of the people in the theater were non-members, but we hope it was the majority. 

With events like this and some of the changes we’ve seen in the mission, the work is moving along. I continue to enjoy the office and learn a lot each week. I feel more confident and capable of learning how to do new things. I’m getting anxious to get back out and teach full-time.

One of my favorite sayings in Spanish is “que va a hacer?” which translates to “what are you gonna do?” We have to keep going and things will work out if we are diligent and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ. That’s what life is all about.

I am looking forward to talking with my family on Mother’s Day. It will be awesome! Five months have gone by too fast! I love every one and I hope this is a great week wherever you are!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack