blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: This Week in the Mission Field

29 March 2015

This Week in the Mission Field

Buen día!

This week was pretty calm in the mission office because Monday and Tuesday were "feriado" or holiday here in Argentina. I couldn't go to immigrations or the police station in the mornings, and it was nice to sleep a little longer. We also played soccer as a district three days in a row which I loved! 

My Desk...
Because of the holiday I had to go to the bus station to buy tickets for all of the zone leaders and sister training leaders. I usually do the order online but the business that I send the order to was closed so I had to do it in person. I went to the bus station with 11 thousand pesos which is a lot of money! We purchased the tickets and I left with 100 pesos. Traveling is expensive here, especially for those coming from the south, Esquel and Bariloche!

Wednesday I went to the police station which is always an adventure. Fabian is a guy that helps us out a lot and he showed me how to make the "mate." I'm going to share our beliefs about the gospel with him because I can tell that he sees something different in us when we are transacting business.


I think the most important thing that happened this week took place yesterday. I felt down so I went off for a little bit and said the most sincere prayer of my life. I told God that if circumstances aren't going to change He had to help me get through the tough times. I said a lot of other things too, and I got off of my knees feeling a lot better. 

Another thing I remembered this week is that the most important relationship in my life is the one I have with God. I think of Chris when I say that because I feel like he emulates that truth. When we strive to please God first, and more than anyone else, everything else will always work out. 

I love everyone!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack