blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Something Special

07 March 2015

Something Special

Dear family and friends,

The mission office is still very busy! This week I finished buying plane tickets for those missionaries that will return home the 7th of April, the same day I turn 20, which I cannot believe! I’ve really been thinking about how to do things more efficiently here. A few transfers ago we sent a letter to every missionary going home asking them to give us the name of their airport and parents email, information we need to buy the their tickets. Unfortunately we had to wait three weeks to receive all of the information. This week I’ve been praying for a way to complete that process better, and I am confident that the Lord is showing me how.

I’m excited that we had a lot of time to work in our area this week. Every day we had at least two hours to talk to people and look for some old investigators I found with Elder Da Silva. The church has given us cards, or tarjetas, that have preguntas del alma, or “questions of the soul.” I’m amazed at how much people open up to us when we talk about how to be a better person, or about how we can be with our loved ones again after we die. It’s nice to know that people are wondering about these things and that I am trying to find them. 

This week I believe our mission experienced something very special. The assistants told us that there were no baptisms set for this Saturday. So we had a fast as a mission and all zone leaders made a ton of calls asking everyone if there were any possible baptisms. In one day 55 dates were set! Today we will see if they all happen, I believe that they will! As a mission we are focusing on faith and how we can trust more in the fact that God will do his work. We just have to believe and change our perspectives. 

Elder Wessel from Arizona is now in my zone. Yesterday he had to come to immigrations to renew his papers so it was great to see him. He’s one of my best friends in the mission, and I don’t know why, but we always say that. We are thinking we will be companions in the future. 

I’ve thought a lot about faith this last week and the perspective I have of the mission. When I arrived here everyone told me it was hard to teach and baptize in this mission. I want to change that initial perspective. I want to help more people come unto Christ.

I love everyone and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack