blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Christmas Call Home

25 December 2014

Christmas Call Home

It was so good to see everyone via Skype! A little surreal, and I was nervous because I didn’t know what to say, but I loved talking to you all.

This was a different Christmas. I’ve always been impressed by the increase in the Spirit that I can feel during this time of year, but it was even more so being in the mission field. In Neuquén we gave away cards of ´El es la Dadiva´ a week ago, and I think that experience is where my increased feelings of spirituality started. I realized how much I loved asking people to come and experience the love that God has for us, and to be reminded of the gift that is His Son. I wish it could be this time of year always because it has been so easy to talk to people. Hopefully next Christmas the church comes out with another incentive like “He is the Gift.”

Yesterday we taught a lesson with a family that has a son who is less active. The grandmother also does not attend church often. During our visit we talked about something simple, prayer. We asked the son how often he wants his kids to talk to him, and he said as much as they can. Then we explained that it is the same with our Heavenly Father. He loves us and although he knows what goes on in our lives, he wants to hear how we feel about things.

I am playing a lot of soccer here because we live with two Brazilians. Watching the last World Cup I remember there were a lot of stories about kids in Brazil who love to play football wherever and however they can. It makes me laugh now because I am actually seeing it first hand with these Brazilian Elders!

Finally, I’ve been practicing driving here and it’s kind of scary because the traffic rules are different, and the people drive crazy!

Feliz navidad de nuevo y que tenga una buena semana. Les amo mucho!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack