blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: He terminado mi primer traslado!

08 September 2014

He terminado mi primer traslado!

Hola familia!

This has been a great week with a lot of new experiences. In our district of 6 missionaries for this transfer (every six weeks there can be a change in your area of assignment) I will be the only English speaker. I am pumped because that means almost ZERO English. We will have three Elders from Chile, one from Uruguay, and one from Spain. I can say anything I want in Spanish, but it can be tough listening to people. They speak fast and use a lot of jerga (slang)!

September 2014 Bariloche Zone Conference
One of my favorite lessons this week was with a family that lives quite a ways from our "pension" (guest house), and after many attempts we finally found them while they were home. They started taking the lessons a few years ago, but for some reason stopped. We began our lesson by talking about the Savior, and the prophecy in Alma Chapter 7, verses 11 and 12. Me and Elder Candia bore testimony of the fact that Christ has come to the earth, that he lived here, ministered here, suffered and died here, and for that we can live with our God again forever. Through the Gospel we can achieve that. 

It was such a simple lesson but I know that it's true. The family is interested in hearing more, and I can´t wait to see how we can help them. 

I love to see people progress here, which to be honest isn't something we have been seeing a lot lately, but we are trying our best which is all that matters. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that everything I am doing here starts and ends with him. It is important that people know that. John 3:16 keeps me going.

This week I felt a peace I have never felt during our sacrament meeting. It made me think of the promise in my mission call, that through dedicated service one can find more joy than they ever have before. 

Im excited to be here and to work! I love everyone and hope that everything is well back home. 

Elder Kauffman aka Jack