blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: ¡El Hobbit!

23 September 2014

¡El Hobbit!

This was a great week. It continues to be hard to find new people to teach, and we only have a few investigators progressing, but I love being here. I know my success is based of my diligence, and my diligence is increasing with time. I really want to teach people. It's exciting and I am grateful for the plan God has for us.

My Spanish is continuing to improve. My district consists of missionaries from various Spanish-speaking countries (I am the only gringo), so it’s all that I hear. I’ve recently started to drop most of the “s” sounds when I speak and overall I feel really confident. My mouth feels funny when I do speak English, and I think that it had to physically adjust, because when I speak Spanish I hardly have to move my jaw.

I felt like a hobbit this week. The scenery here reminds me of the movie and we are always walking. Serving the Lord so far has been quite the adventure! It is very clear to me now that everything we teach and do is centered on Jesus Christ and His teachings. I love Him and am coming to know who He is rather than just know things about Him. He is kind and He is willing to lift us when we need it. I have to lay my burdens with the Lord a lot here, and it feels good to do so. Everyone can do that.

I love you all!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack