blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: The Next 30 Days

13 June 2016

The Next 30 Days

Dear family and friends,

Time is passing by quickly now, and good things are happening here in Plottier. In fact, this week was great, a big testimony builder to me!!

The last week I was with Elder Gallegos we stopped to talk to a guy that was sitting in a big park near the church. His name is Sebastian, and he said he was having a hard time. He had no work and no place to live. So we invited him to our ward activity, and he has made remarkable changes. There are a lot of details but to sum them up Sebastian has come to church twice and received almost all of the lessons. We are going to finish up this week, and then he will be baptized Saturday. We are excited for him!

We are trying to work hand in hand with our ward and our new convert Ester to find new people to teach. I feel like I learn what it's like to be a convert through my investigators. I learn with them as we teach and I cannot deny that what we share is true. The Gospel is true! Our goal is to help one more person be baptized this transfer after Sebastian.

I was asked about running a zone and teaching at the same time. I don't believe being a zone leader should impede any missionary from being 100% focused on their area and investigators. The mission manual says that it is possible to fulfill both responsibilities (leadership and missionary work), and that's always been my way of doing things.

I am finishing my mission strong, and my heart is still here even as I prepare myself mentally to return home. Full-time missions have to end, but I will always consider myself a missionary for the Savior!

Pray that I will have success the next 30 days and that I can leave this area well prepared for the elder that will take my place. That is important to me. 

I love everyone and hope you all have an excellent week!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack