blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

06 June 2016

Checking In

Good morning from Plottier! This week was cold! It rained on Tuesday and Wednesday but it has passed. A few members told me yesterday that it shouldn't rain again this winter... I hope they are right!

I continue to serve as a zone leader. I feel like I am still figuring out how to do it, but I've learned a lot through filling that role. I had a few leadership positions before the mission but not like this one. I appreciate that both of my mission presidents have trusted me to lead.

This week we had to stop teaching a few people, but we found new ones. We weren't able to see a few investigators that have baptismal dates which does worry me. Work and other commitments complicated things, but I am confident that we'll be able to move forward before I leave the mission.

I realize that service is what makes me happy. Forgetting ourselves and focusing on others is what most helps us to become more like the Savior. I know it! I see it as I serve my companion, my investigators, and the missionaries in my zone. 

I am excited to return home and for all that will be happening here in the upcoming weeks in Plottier. It's going to be great! 

I love everyone! 

Elder Kauffman aka Jack