blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

21 March 2016

Checking In

Dear family and friends,

We have a lot of people that can be baptized this month. We have been finding people by contacting them in the street, and this week we visited a lot of member families in the ward to ask for references. 

Cristina and Denis will be the next baptisms in the ward. Denis just needs to come to church one more time and Cristina needs to get married. It's sad because she really wants to be baptized, but Daniel (her more or less husband), isn't really interested. He doesn't want to get married, but that's not getting us down. We are hoping everything will work itself out soon. Praying and working with the family as much as we can is all we can do. 

I'm doing well. Every day is another chance to renew again. There is no such thing as a perfect day in missionary work, but I feel like I'm learning to see past disappointments. I am trying to go back to the basics, serve where I can and be happy with my efforts.

The Book of Mormon has been helping me a lot lately. I realize that it takes faith to pick up the book and read it. It works and we can find everything we need there. 

I love you all. Have a great week! 

Elder Kauffman aka Jack