blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: More Changes in the Mission

11 January 2016

More Changes in the Mission

Dear family and friends,

This week went by quickly just like all of the others, I have a lot of stories but I can only tell so many! I went to Neuquén three times this week. Twice to do paperwork because my DNI expired last month, and on Wednesday we had leadership counsel. 

The missionary department made some big changes about the way we do exchanges, and we talked a lot about model areas. I am sure the elders in the ward can explain it better in person, it was a world wide change. 

Our investigators are doing well! We have had to leave some and find new ones, but the ones that can be baptized in the coming weeks are Jaqueline, Lucas, and Maxima. 

Jaqueline is the oldest daughter of the family that was just baptized. She came to church two weeks ago and we still haven't been able to talk to her since, she was out of town for a while but we are going today to see her. Lucas and Maxima are a couple from Bolivia that have been living close to Roca for a few months. They are great. Teaching in their house is like teaching in another country–everyone comes prepared to learn! We believe they can be baptized this Saturday.

I think our biggest need right now is finding new people, the members here are all involved in the work so we are going to be working with a lot of references this week. I think a lot about what I was taught by my parents about attitude. The attitude that I have determines everything, and we are seeing changes in everything. The attitude of the zone, the members, everything seems to be improving. We push ourselves to the limit and God does the rest. 

The weather here changes all of the time. Someday's we walk out and its really really hot, but then in the afternoon in turns brisk with rain. It reminds me of the weather in Imperial Beach. I like it here.

I love everyone and I love your emails!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack