blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Checking In

28 September 2015

Checking In

Dear family and friends,

Things are going great here and Esquel is a really cool place. There are a lot of people in the area which I like and they are all really receptive; however, there are only 12 missionaries in the zone, but everyone is ready and willing to work. Of the 12 here, three of us came from Zapala and that was an interesting change from the last transfer.

I am stoked for general conference. We are going to watch it here in the chapel of Esquel. We are a district, three branches and two church buildings, and I think everyone from the district is coming to the building I attend. I feel like there will be a Latino apostle called!

This week went well and I am getting used to the area. We met a recent convert who was just baptized but was mad about some incident that happened. He didn't want to listen to our message but calmed down after receiving a blessing. We also found an old investigator that used to  come out to church quite often. It was amazing to see how well they were received by the members of the branch. 

I had to travel quite a bit this week for a leadership meeting we had in Neuquén, but finally we can get to work here!

I love everyone and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack