blank'/> Jack Kauffman's Mission Blog: Weather is Changing

20 July 2015

Weather is Changing

The weather is crazy here, a lot of wind and it really cooled down this week! Something I think I might but in these next coming weeks is another jacket. I have a few that people left in my pension from Neuquén that are not quite enough to keep me warm. The big one I have is more for snow. I just need something thick and not quite as long.

Our baptism did not go through this weekend... Kind of broke my heart to be honest. The boy is only nine but really wants to do it and this week we really made an effort to talk to his mom about moving forward. She told us that he can't be baptized now because he is not being obedient in his home. We need to seriously pray for him this week so that things can work themselves out. He has another date scheduled for August 1st and I have faith it will happen this time.

I realized this week why there are so many members who do not come out to church. After talking to another member they agreed and it finally clicked with me that the home and visiting teaching programs almost don't exist. After thinking about it more and more I am realizing it is key. It frustrates me, but at the same time motivates me. We have some good plans to go out and look for those who don't come. Our ward should, or could have 150 people easy, but this week we only had 56.

We had a cool activity with all of the youth in the Zapala stake this past week. 80 kids came from San Martin de los Andes, Cutral co, Plaza and here! They assigned 6 or 7 kids to each missionary and then we went out to contact. I was beyond nervous because I didn't know if they would be really excited to contact with me, but they loved it and I did almost no talking! I just took the initiative to say good morning, get some small chat in, and then they would bear their testimony. At the end of the activity a lot said they want to serve missions!

Jesus Christ is the most important influence we have. I've been watching Special Witnesses of Christ and wondering why so much money and effort would be put into a production like that. The answer is obvious but the more I think about it the more my love for the Savior grows.

Have a great week and I love you all!

Elder Kauffman aka Jack